2.29.2008

first time ever

We were at the airport last weekend, going through the security checkpoint. I had the boys in tow as always, I got out our boarding passes and my military ID (because it's always the easiest to get to) and handed it to the woman. She checked the boarding passes, handed them back to me and said, "Thank you for your service as a wife."

Occasionally people thank me, or tell me they appreciate what I do, but it's usually people close to me who know what a regular day is like, not the airport security person. I responded with a heart-felt thank you to the woman and walked on softened by the fact that anyone would think to thank the spouse.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that actually hits me because I don't know that I've ever thanked a family member. How wonderful of her!

    ReplyDelete