7.11.2008

from India (2)

Yesterday we went by bus (which carries anywhere from 100 to 200 people) to a place called Pravaham, meaning stream, it is a place that selects under-privileged girls to come and train for nine months to be a nurse, they then intern in Bangalore and a nursing center there provides them with jobs (20-25 girls). We had the chance to sit with them, learn their names, and hear a few of their stories. It was truly amazing. These girls had only been there a week and already you could see hope in their eyes, a confidence that they can make a difference and make a change in their family and their community.

Today we walked through market in Vellore and got stared at by everyone we passed. Michelle (one of the girl on our team) and I almost got hit by a bus--very exciting!! :) We ate lunch at a Punjabi place (which is the state I visited last time), and it was wonderful!!

Thanks again for your prayers and I'll try to post at least once more before I leave.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristen! I am glad you are enjoying yourself and seeing such hope in these girls. I want you to know that not a day has gone by that I don't pause, think about you, and pray for you and the family. I feel like I am (somewhat) walking this with you. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete