So, I pulled up a chair to the tiny table and had lunch with eight 3 and 4 year olds and one of the teachers. To my amazement I had a great time, and learned a few things too. Nothing profound, in fact, they were all really simple things. However, when you do this job called motherhood 24/7 sometimes you get caught up in behavior and forget about life, even for your four-year-old.
the things I learned:
- less scolding and more laughing
- if you're not eating, put your hands in your lap (brilliant!)
- you've gotta eat either a fruit or a vegetable
- no seconds until you've finished what you have
- talk positively about food
- treat mistakes as mistakes, not as grounds for discipline
Those are just a few. Thank you SW Childcare Center, and more specifically, Mister B for reminding me of the joys of meal time.